Saturday, April 28, 2007
Wednesday, April 25, 2007
- That HE would be the one to halt the supplemental funding process by carrying out his threatened veto.
- That the military budget for Fiscal Year 2007 is $481 Billion dollars not counting Iraq war funding.
- That the above $481 Billion in the normal defense appropriations alredy included about $70 billion for Iraq war related expenses
- That the U.S. has already spent over $414 billion on the Iraq war
- That the $124 Billion emergency supplemental funding for the war is in addition to the $414 billion already spent on the Iraq war and is in addition to the $489 Billion dollar FY military budget
- That the Congressional Research Service has indicated that the Pentagon can get along just fine without the additional money through July by juggling other accounts in its half-trillion-dollar budget.
- That last year facing the same deadlines, the Republican Congress didn’t get around to approving a supplemental $94.4 billion in war-fighting money until June without hectoring by the White House
Thursday, April 19, 2007
• Exercise mindfulness. Ask yourself, "Why do I want this? Why do I need to purchase this now instead of a week from now?" Try to discover what is motivating you to make the purchase, and try to find some other way to fulfill this urge.
• Remind yourself of larger goals. I've struggled with my weight all my life. Whenever I'm tempted to eat something bad, I ask myself, "Will this help me or hurt me?" The same question can be asked when you're about to make an impulse purchase. Will your new toy bring you closer to your goals or move you further away?
• Use the 30-day rule. When you feel the urge to splurge, stop. Put the item down. Go home. Write down the name of the thing you want, its price, and the store where you found it, and then post it someplace obvious. If you still want the item after a month, purchase it.
Tuesday, April 17, 2007
If I do end up going eastbound after college, you'll definitely see me looking for an apartment with brick walls. Then I'll paint them white. And install cherry wood floors. And buy multiple LCD screens! (Oh, yes)
A very, shweeet watch. A stainless steel case, sapphire crystal, and quartz movement, something to be expected from a $200 watch.
Saturday, April 14, 2007
Some serious charm in this recent video by Feist. Check it out here.
Friday, April 06, 2007
"A boss creates fear, a leader creates confidence. A boss fixes blame, a leader corrects mistakes. A boss knows all, a leader asks questions. A boss makes work drudgery, a leader makes it interesting. A boss is interested only in themself, a leader is interested in the group." - Russell H. Ewing
Thursday, April 05, 2007
I don't like the iPhone. Neither does Dvorak when he tested it. Die iPhone!
Wednesday, April 04, 2007
Sunday, April 01, 2007
Wu-Tang Clan, Rage Against The Machine, Nas, Cypress Hill, the Roots, Public Enemy, Mos Def, Sage Francis, EPMD, Jedi Mind Tricks, Immortal Technique. Perhaps MF Doom, FELT, Hieroglyphics, Living Legends, Blackalicious, the Coup, Murs, Brother Ali, Cage, Mr. Lif, Grouch & Eligh, Hangar 18, Bluepring, Lucky I AM.
Saturday, 08/18/07 @ the Covey Cove Parking Lot in San Francisco, CA. Who's up for it?